Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarships
The Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship Program, established in 2013, provides a $3,000 scholarship to a fulltime, 3L Pennsylvania resident involved in the Penn State Dickinson Law trial advocacy program.
The scholarship is awarded annually, on a competitive basis.
To qualify, applicants must be:
- Enrolled as a fulltime student at Dickinson Law;
- 3L/Third year student;
- Pennsylvania resident as documented by applicant’s voter registration card or Pennsylvania driver’s license;
- Involved in the trial advocacy program as affirmed by student and evidenced by unofficial academic transcript;
- Interested in pursuing trial advocacy after graduation as discussed in the applicant’s 250-500 word essay and evidenced by the applicant’s recommendations; and
- A Law Student member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association which is free for electronic members. Sign-up Here
Applications are due December 1, 2018, and the scholarship will be awarded by December 31, 2018
2017 Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship Recipient – Triston “Chase” O’Savio
2016 Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship Recipient – Francesca Kester
2015 Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship Recipient – David R. Talmage
2014 Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship Recipient – Christopher McCabe
2013 Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship Recipient – Lindsay A. Berkstresser