The Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship Program, established in 2013, provides a $3,000 scholarship to a fulltime, 3L Pennsylvania resident involved in the Penn State Dickinson School of Law trial advocacy program.
The scholarship is awarded annually, on a competitive basis, and if at some point in the future the University Park and the Carlisle campuses become separately accredited law schools, the scholarship will be awarded to a student at the Carlisle campus accredited law school.
To qualify, applicants must be:
- Enrolled as a fulltime student at the Penn State Dickinson School of Law;
- 3L/Third year student;
- Pennsylvania resident as documented by applicant’s voter registration card or Pennsylvania driver’s license;
- Involved in the trial advocacy program as affirmed by student and evidenced by unofficial academic transcript;
- Interested in pursuing trial advocacy after graduation as discussed in the applicant’s 250- 500-word essay and evidenced by the applicant’s recommendations; and
- A member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association Law Student Division which is free for electronic members. Sign-up Here
Applications are due December 2, 2013, and the scholarship will be awarded by
December 31, 2013.
Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship of the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation FAQs
2013 Joseph T. McDonald Memorial Scholarship Application