Welcome from our PresidentThe PA Bar Foundation is the philanthropic partner of the Pennsylvania Bar Association dedicated to helping Pennsylvania’s youth be better citizens and to making Pennsylvania’s judicial system more accessible to all. Learn how you can help too by participating in our programs, serving on our committees, and contributing to our efforts.
Recognizing Pro Bono ServiceSince 1989, the Louis J. Goffman Award has been given to an individual and/or an organization in recognition of outstanding pro bono service. Meet our past recipients
Loan Repayment AssistanceHelping attorneys employed at IOLTA-funded legal services organizations across the state better manage their undergraduate and law school student loan debt so they can afford to remain in public service. The next application cycles starts on September 1, 2015.
Thank You, Fellows!These people are helping to make a better justice system through their generous contributions. Is your name on the list?
WHO WE ARE
The Pennsylvania Bar Foundation was created in response to the organized bar’s desire to become more involved in public service.
- We work to improve the public’s understanding of the law and our judicial system.
- We strive to ensure citizens have full and equal access to justice through our legal system.
NEWS & EVENTS
- August 19, 2015in Current NewsOn August 23, the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation will make the first distribution from the Patti Rose Scheimer Bednarik Memorial Scholarship Fund, a fund created in 2014 to celebrate and honor late Harrisburg lawyer Patti Bednarik, founder and first chair of the Animal Law Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, leader in animal law reform and...
- August 04, 2015in Current NewsOn September 1, 2015, the statewide loan repayment assistance program (LRAP) administered by the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation and the Pennsylvania Interest on Lawyers Trust Accounts Board (PA IOLTA) will begin its sixth year of helping attorneys employed in IOLTA-funded civil legal services organizations better manage their undergraduate and law sch...
- June 24, 2015in Current News
2015 Goffman Award Presented to the Widener University School of Law – Dauphin County Bar Association Incubator Program.Since 1989, the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation has recognized and rewarded outstanding pro bono service with the annual presentation of the Louis J. Goffman Award. This year, the Foundation honored the Widener University School of Law – Dauphin County Bar Association Incubator Program. ...
- June 24, 2015in Current NewsIn an effort to increase the pool of attorneys available to provide civil legal services to those who cannot afford them, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania has increased support for the student loan debt assistance program for attorneys who work for legal aid organizations....
FOUNDATION IN ACTION
Supporting programs that increase the public’s understanding of the law and promote equal access to justice.
You Can Make a Difference
Since 1984, the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation has served as a center of philanthropy for Pennsylvania’s legal community. Please join our efforts.
Young Lawyer Life Fellows, those under age 38 or in practice less than 5 years, energize and operationalize our mission with their avid participation and support. A Young Lawyer Life Fellow pledges $500 to the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation. The pledge must be fulfilled prior to attaining senior lawyer status. Choose any one of these convenient contribution options:
- Make a single one-time contribution of $500
- Split your payments into 4 consecutive annual installments of $125
- Use your credit card to pay in 48 monthly contributions of $10.42
- Donate now
Life Fellows are the life’s blood of the Foundation. They are distinguished individuals over the age of 38 and in practice more than 5 years who have repeatedly demonstrated their commitment to the profession through their leadership activities in their local and state bar communities. Life Fellows pledge $1,000 to the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation. Choose any one of these convenient contribution options:
- Make a single one-time contribution of $1,000
- Split your payments into 4 consecutive annual installments of $250
- Use your credit card to pay in 48 monthly contributions of $20.84
- Donate now
Commonwealth Club members invest in the “common good” and provide significant financial support to the Foundation by directing their contributions either to the Civics and Law-related Education Fund, the Pro Bono Fund, the Endowment Fund, the Loan Repayment Assistance Program or to the support Foundation operations. Commonwealth Club members pledge a minimum of $5,000 to the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation and have up to 10 years to fulfil the pledge. Choose any one of these convenient contribution options:
- Make a single one-time contribution of $5,000
- Split your payments into 10 consecutive annual installments of $500
- Use your credit card to pay in 120 monthly contributions of $41.67
- Donate now
Keystone Society members are focused on the Foundation’s future. They are pivotal contributors who are helping the Foundation build an endowment to ensure its longevity and sustainability. Keystone Society members pledge a minimum of $10,000 to the Pennsylvania Bar Foundation, and 100% of the contribution is directed to the Endowment Fund. Choose any one of these convenient contribution options:
- Make a single one-time contribution of $10,000
- Split your payments into 10 consecutive annual installments of $1000
- Use your credit card to pay in 120 monthly contributions of $83.34
- Donate now
Make a difference today by supporting one of the Foundation’s funding priorities. Every contribution helps to expand our capacity.